What do kids like even more than eating cookies? Making cookies! Mix the dough, get out the rolling pin and Hanukkah-shaped cookie cutters (menorah, oil lamp, dreidel, and more), and give your children a memorable and yummy Hanukkah experience.
- 1 cup (200 grams) butter or margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Mix ingredients margarine and sugar until smooth. Add in eggs, juice and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix flour with baking powder.
3. Add flour mixture to dough and mix until just blended.
4. Wrap the dough in wax paper and chill for at least an hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Grease cookie sheets.
7. Flour surface and rolling pin.
8. Roll out dough until 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Add flour if the dough is sticky. Cut dough with Hanukkah cookie cutters.
9. Place Hanukkah-shaped cookies on the greased cookie sheet.
10. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.